Saturday, September 24, 2011

I've been bad

Ok, it's true...I've been bad. I haven't done a very good job keeping up with my Blog. Hopefully I will be able to step up my game and write more, but honestly it is hard work. My days are busy...getting acclimated with the new surroundings and culture, preaching, meeting new people all the time, leading devotions, observing English classes, traveling to the mountain villages and so much more. Some days are fun, some days are scary, some days are lonely, some days are full of adventure...and some days I want to knock myself out with a five pound sledge. That was a joke, but I will say, it can be very difficult sometimes. Even though I knew this wasn't going to be easy, I find myself being challenged in ways I didn't quite expect, but I am glad for that because these challenges help me to mature and grow in my faith.

With that being said I would have you all know that my preaching in Mae Sai went excellent. The Burmese people there were from many different tribes and they welcomed me with warm hearts and good food...mmmmm. I enjoyed getting to know them and learning about their lives in Mae Sai. These people are hardworking and make very little money, but they are on fire for Jesus and they love to worship him. It was such a privilege to be able to encourage them with the word and worship with them. The night before I left Mae Sai I bought some food items and drinks to enjoy with the people and show them my gratitude for feeding me and giving me a place to stay. I hope to visit Mae Sai a few more times before I leave Thailand, to see the people again and share some more laughs and moments of praise towards God. Since Mae Sai, I have been going to various activities around Chiang Mai, leading devotions and meeting new people. It has been a good week just to get to know some more people make some new friends.

Until next time...hopefully sooner than later...

-Joshua  

No comments:

Post a Comment