Saturday, October 15, 2011

Mae Sai again


I am back in Mae Sai, the town on the border of Thailand and Burma. This time around I will be here for twenty days, preaching and teaching from the word of God. I have been preaching almost every Sunday. Also I have been going to many different houses of the Church members to give devotions. All I can say is that...God is good. Everything has been going great and I love being with these people. They are my family and I love them all. I have learned more here in Thailand over this month and a half then I probably could have in a years time back in the states. I took a leap of faith and my life won't ever be the same again. I have no room to boast in myself though because God is the one who has been working through me and if it wasn't for Jesus I wouldn't be doing any of this. So don't be impressed with me, be impressed with Jesus and how he changes the heart of a man.

My days mainly consist of prepping sermons, prepping for my English class, leading bible devotions, studying Burmese, helping out with the various activities that we hold and of course chillin wit my peeps :) Tomorrow we will be having a thanksgiving celebration. We had to wake up early this morning to go buy food at the market so that we can prepare for the meal tomorrow. Everyone is helping out and although I won't be doing any of the cooking, I make a pretty good potato peeler and dishwasher. It is a joy to live with these people and everyday they bring a smile to my face. They are simple people who work hard and love Jesus. Most of them don't make more than seventy dollars a month, that’s less than three dollars a day. Yet they have an unfading joy given to them by Jesus. This is it...this is life...it is only found in Jesus. Not in money, not in drugs, not in power, only in Jesus do can we die to ourselves and truly live. These people know how to live. 

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.” - James 1:17

4 comments:

  1. I found your blog via facebook :)
    Wow its soooo great to read up on everything since you’ve been gone. I remember walking in the mountain villages in Thailand and I can only imagine what you might be doing. I picture you in my mindseye and it makes me excited for all that God is doing.
    ..Trust me, I know, keeping up with blogging is truly a task, but try and keep with it... we love hearing from you! Prayers! Bri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joshua! We had a bonfire/cookout at my mom's house tonight and your mom drove in to be there. It was so great to see her and we talked for a while about you and all that God is doing in & through you. I'm so excited for the wonderful journey the Lord has you on. I really can't even imagine what this faith walk must feel like, being in a completely different culture and so far away from home but it is obvious that Jesus truly is your portion and He is providing for you in every way. I look forward to reading even more about what's going on in your part of the world! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh, love the new video. We would like to hear more of what is sounds like in your services. Is it possible for us to hear some of the worship and other stuff going on? There is nothing like hearing God at work. Even if we don't understand the words, we can understand the heart. (Would also like to hear how you and the people you are working with are being changed.) Take care. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks for the comments everyone, I really appreciate them. Also Karen, thank you for the suggestions I find them very helpful, it is good to have some outside advice on what I could be writing about. There is so much going on that sometimes I have to pick and choose otherwise I would be writing for hours. Keeping a blog is a challenge along with creating videos and trying to send out personal notes. I didn't realize how hard it would be just to keep people informed. I've got to work on my time management skills or something :) You guys rock!!

    ReplyDelete